The CyTVClient is basicly a port of the CyTV for Mac OS X project by Andreas Junghans.It does not (yet) support all the features of the Mac version but it does have:
- Automatic CyTV Server discovery (using Apple’s Bonjour).
- Channel listing
- Select next channel
- Select previous channel
- Select channel in the list
- Start/Stop recording
- Transcode (on CyTV Server) stream, e.g. reduce resolution
- Recording listing
- Start VLC (videolan.org).
- Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 (Download)
- Optional Apple Bonjour (Download)
- Recent VideoLan Player (Download)
29-may-2006: Page update
- Bonjour link update to Bonjour 1.0.3
31-jan-2006: Page update
- Bonjour link fixed, history dates corrected
10-jan-2006: 0.2.a: Hopefully Bonjour no longer gives troubles
- Just disabling parts of the Bonjour code was not enough to fix startup crashes.
09-jan-2006: 0.2.a: Critical patch
- It turned out the Bonjour support does not correctly work. I had to disable it for now.
01-jan-2006: 0.2: Made more features working
- Implemented the CyTV URL transcode options.
- Record button works
- Added MiniRemotesmall stay-on-top window to select channel and record)
- Inital support for SSHNot yet comaptible with the CyTV server SSH daemon, but it is possible to setup a SSH tunnel via a regular SSH daemon (e.g. running on a linux box).To use set manuel server host to: SSH daemon machine:port->CyTV server address and the manual port to the CyTV server port (not the secure one). Check the secure option and use valid SSH daemon account. The Import key part will import a file and pass it, but I haven’t yet find a compatible key.
- Logging to file (with rotate) and window
- Code cleanup and refactoring
19-dec-2005: 0.1: Initial release
- First public release. Needs extensive testing.