VMWareCopy is a tool to backup VMWare images running on a MicrosoftWindows VMWare host. It’s designed to be used with VMWare Server andrequires a FTP server to backup the images to.The reason for FTP is simple: it’s way faster then a windows share.A quick sum of the features:
- Stop the image before copy and resume it afterwards (uses VMWare VIX).
- Write vmware image directory structure to file including file permissions.
- Calculate file hashes/checksums of type MD5 and SHA1.
- Verify the hash of an uploaded file (need support for SITE HASH command, currently available for Gene6 and SimpleFTP).
- Option to skip copy if none of the files has the Archive bit set.
Just run VMWareCopy without arguments to see all the command line options.Download exe, scripts and source: VMWareCopy 0.2